Friday, April 6, 2007

Phases

I am in Times Square right now, waiting fr ESS to show. We're going to watch Jangan Pandang Belakang. It's been like a tradition or a must for us to meet up and watch a Malay horror movie. Our first date, we watched Puaka Tebing Biru, then we caught Chermin. Now, it's Jangan Pandang Belakang.

ESS is in town only for the night. He is stopping by on his way back to his hometown for his brother's engagement or wedding or something that I totally spaced right about now. So sad, only getting to see him for one night. *turns on Jennifer Hudson mode* "One night only... one night only... that's all we have..." I so can't pull of that afro/helmet thingy that she was sportin'. Sigh.

Anyways, I asked ESS several times about that thing that he wrote, which I thought was dedicated to me but now I am not so sure coz it could be directed to anyone. He is totally non-committal and gave me the run-around. There are a few things I think is happening here.

If he did write that with me in mind, then yay! But what's with the cryptic and utter refusal to answer me straight? Although I understood why he could not answer straight, it's coz he is gay, muahahahhaha. Anyways, methinks someone's having the case of the nerves and don't really wanna commit, or at least verbalize the commitment because he'd been hurt before (and subsequently blamed for the failed relationship). Either that, or he has the ego the size of One Utama and would never admit his feelings before the other person admits it first. Hmmm. I think it's the latter. Classic chaser syndrome.

If he did not write it with me in mind, then I am in deep shit. I've already emotionally invested in this relationship. Not too mention monetary. Oh. My. God. Do you know how much our combined total phone bill came up to last month? Jennifer Lopez was totally lying. Love does cost. (Thanks to Teddy from teddytales) for the pop culture reference).

Oh well. I am not gonna let this bother me. Nor the ominous prediction/dire warning that I received from Prof Karen Walker (which kinda bothered ESS and I think he got a bit upset, the poor guy). I am sticking to my man no matter what. Or at least until he finds The One that he is seeking (or he already has, judging from the criptic post) and drops me like a ton of bricks. Hence his ringtone is now Stickwitu by the awesome Pussycat Dolls.

"Nobody's gonna love me better, I must stick wit u forever. Nobody's gonna take me higher. I must stick wit u. You know how to appreciate me, I must stick wit u my baby. Nobody ever make me feel this way, I must stick wit u."

P/S - Somehow, the vision of me wearing tight, ripped clothing with animal prints seemed so wrong also. Hmm, is there anything I could rock? Sigh.

3 comments:

savante said...

Keep your chin up high. Smile a lot. Think positive. Good luck on your meet with ESS :)

savante said...

Oh yeah! What Damas Rainbow shop?

Evan Owens said...

Thanks Paul. Remember the Rainbow Shop in Low Yat? It's now transferred its operations to Plaza Damas. Bigger and better!