Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I Only Have Eyes For You

Second interview went quite well. This post is an editorial assistant post and sounded like something I am very interested in. However, they cannot match my current salary. I'll know by tomorrow if I am shortlisted or not.

My nephew is okay. He's not hospitalized. So I am going for that Cosmop*int interview but I have to call them first to find out exactly what job I am being interviewed for. I did the resume drop thingy at the recent career fair and they called me but did not specify a job. Hmmm.

ESS is being a little too quiet these days. He claims he's busy with stuff. I am remembering my (silent) promise to him and I'll behave and not question him too much. What? I can't change? :P

Out of pure boredom, I went to blogthings and did this quiz. I got a B!

Your Vocabulary Score: B

You have a zealous love for the English language, and many find your vocabulary edifying.
Don't fret that you didn't get every word right, your vocabulary can be easily ameliorated!


Oooh, I was in Borders last weekend, waiting for ESS, and I grabbed a book and read it. It was very funny. I completely spaced on the title now but I do remember it's about funny quotes. Here's one:

A nun came to see her Mother Superior for a confession. "Forgive me, for I have sinned. Sin of the flesh. Father Thomas came to me last night and told me that I have the Gates of Heaven between my legs. He said that he has the Key to Heaven so he inserted it in." The Mother Superior screamed in response, "Bastard! He told me it was the Trumpet of Gabriel! I had been blowing on it all these years!"

1 comment:

savante said...

Glad your nephew is doing alright.

BTW what a brilliant priest! :P