Monday, August 27, 2007

The I in Team

What a weekend. Hectic is an understatement. Lessee… went bowling Friday night. Karaoke on Saturday. Birthday party on Sunday + bowling. That doesn’t include the shopping in between activities (for our BBQ bash on the eve of Merdeka). Plus, there some guy actions. Yes, I am sporting two huge pimples on my face now. I am hoping they would be reduced to small mounds before Tuesday…

Anyways, remember the SA Guy (Crush#2) I was crushing on? He was the cute one that I had just seen once or twice but was immediately smitten? He was there at the birthday party and he and I spent some quality time together. Just chatting and talking and fooling around. Um, maybe not fooling around but joking around. Oh. My. God. He is sooooo… and now I am soooo… sigh…

Let’s put reverse on and wind back. I first met him online. He had a profile in Myspace. Or at least I think that was him. It was lust at first sight. Then I think I chatted with him once or twice in IRC. I met him in person last February at a friend’s birthday party. Kinda did not really notice him at first. Okay, so I noticed him but I did not realize that it was him (let’s call him #1 Crush from now on ala Garbage and Romeo&Juliet).

A few months later, that same friend asked for three tickets to Harry Potter. I originally thought he was taking his boyfriend and another friend but he ended bringing #1 Crush instead of the boyfriend. I was kinda psyched and kinda freaking out. This friend, HC, arrived at Starbucks, where Teddy (can’t call him Onemus anymore) and I were chilling, alone. We asked where the Significant Other is and he said SO is at campus. #1 Crush was joining us. What the… son of a… and I did not put make up on or anything…

I kept it cool but I was a nervous wreck and was shaking inside. I kinda avoided him and he was being a little bit quiet too so it worked out for the best.

After Harry Plopper, I did not meet him in person until last Sunday. But I did communicate with him via email. I suggested to the group that we should go away for the Merdeka holidays but it ended up scrapped for a BBQ bash instead. So we’ve been emailing each other a lot over the last month or so. I noticed that there is a familiar name amongst the list of recipients but I did nothing about it. Yet.

After the email discussions, came the email forwards. One day, I received an email forward from #1 Crush. At least I think it was him. So I replied, but in regards to said forward, not because of anything else. He replied and thus began our email communication. He said that he was kinda quiet on Harry Potter night because he did not really know us and he said that he’d be a whole different man once I got to know him.

Which is true because he was very different at the party. Very nice. Very funny. Very cute. Very adorable. I am drooling. I know. I can’t help it.

There’s this running gag amongst my friends about me and the kitchen. If there were events, I’d always be in the kitchen. I was in the kitchen yesterday and so was #1 Crush. I had been asked to cut the cake and distribute it to the guests. He was helping me with the softest cake on Earth. At one point, he was tasting a piece and I asked him for a taste as well. He fed it to me, mostly coz my hands were full. I was kinda hesitant and took like a tiny bite but he held it for me to take it all so I got it all in my mouth and my lips brushed against his fingers. OMG! We just went to… what base is that? I don’t care. In some cultures, we are married already!

Of course, Teddy happened to go into the kitchen and saw it and said inappropriate, not subtle things and I am sure that #1 Crush knows that I am into him. All of my friends did what Teddy did actually. Going around trying to let him know, unsubtly, that I like him. It was kinda embarrassing. Especially since #1 Crush has a boyfriend! And I don’t even know if he is even into me or not.

Ooooh, did I mention that he asked me to go swimming with him? There’s a pool at our friend’s place and he wanted to go swimming. I said I could not and he offered to teach me. It’s funny coz I was flirting with him a bit during this email phase and I told him that he’d need to do CPR on me if I drown and he said I could easily float and he could hang on to me for dear life. I told him I oughta hang on to him since he could swim and he said we’d both fall to the bottom of the pool and there’d be no one to do CPR.

I told him that I’d do a Jack and let Rose, I mean, #1 Crush float up and be alive. I know, I know. Corny. Sigh…

When I asked if he brought swimwear that day, he said he left it at home so he was going to have to go swimming naked and said that I needed to be there. Oh God. Excuse me. Toilet. Now.

He actually went with this other guy and he went up to me and invited me to join. Unfortunately, it would be suspect that I would go along, in my shirt and jeans to the pool. So I stayed. Plus I actually came with someone else (at the last minute) so I could not really leave him to the wolves, I mean, bears.

When he returned from swimming, he asked me why I did not join. I thought he was just kidding about it but he was not apparently. He wanted me there. And he was washing a very tiny dark blue speedo when he said that. Damn my date and my principals!

Oh, oh, during the karaoke sessions, both of us were standing at the side near the kitchen and I told him to go sing and he said his voice was girly and not nice. He sang along to one song and I became putty. Dude’s got a sexy singing voice. Okay, so anything he does is gold to me. Sue me. But seriously, I do tend to do this to myself right? Fall for unavailable men and break my own heart in the end.

I could not even sleep last night, thinking of #1 Crush, even though there was someone else in the bed with me. Oops, did I say that out loud? Heheheheh.

3 comments:

savante said...

Being naughty at the pool. :P

Chris said...

Hello, you have a wonderful blog, but I can't find your email address, can you please contact me at linkexchange@edenfantasys.com? I have something to discuss with you
Regards, Chris
(Please can you delete this comment after your decision?)

Evan Owens said...

Paul, I was not naughty at the pool... I was in the kitchen...

Chris, I'll be in touch soon...