Friday, September 26, 2008

Hell's Bells

Last year, I stayed in KL for Raya because my family went to three separate places for Raya. Rather than choosing a side, I chose me.

This year, the whole family will be at my grandma’s in Kuala Lipis, so I will join them there as well. Got the whole week off but I would only travel Tuesday afternoon. Yes, I am not really keen on going back home to see the whole family. My own family I can deal.

I may sound insensitive or something but it’s really boring over there. No DVD, no internet, no privacy. Sharing two bathrooms between 40 people is not something I really wanna do. The sleeping arrangement’s bad also. We are all strewn about the living room, sleeping on the floor.

One thing kinda good about that is that all the boys sleep that way. And some of my cousins are kinda hot. Hheheheh.

I just wanna arrive right before the eve of the festivities and then leave fairly quickly. There’s nothing and no one to do there. I don’t have the patience to go fishing. I might be into going hunting though. Yup, my uncle goes hunting and has a semi-automatic rifle. I’ve used the gun before and I proved to be the most adept amongst the guys.

Hmm, come to think of I was also adept at fishing… well, what passes as fishing anyways… my brother and father are the fishing enthusiasts. But I caught a fish that was apparently huge and a big deal. My brother said that he had been fishing for five years and had yet to catch one and I caught a huge one on my first time out. Beginner’s luck methinks.

Anyways, I was so bored there that I sometimes volunteer to go into the kitchen and help out. Okay, okay, I love cooking but none of them needs to know that. Sigh.

Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri, Maaf Zahir Batin to everyone! :)

No comments: