Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Sleeper

I am harder on girls than I am on guys. Yesterday was an off day for me. Finally got a chance to just not work... so I lazed around (after going on a date, ehehehehe) and suddenly I flashed back to a few years ago...

At my first job in KL... I used to have this one girl friend, we were kinda inseparable at first but as trainees, you're sent wherever they see fit so she was at the subsidiary while I stayed at the parent company.

But we still see a lot of each other. I find her quirky and crazy, in an annoying sort of way. We hung out together but then again, all of the trainees hung out together. After she was sent away, I realized how annoying she really was but I could tolerate that for a short period of time when we hung out. For dinner mostly.

Then she quit her job coz of a better offer. We still hung out but I guess it's a lot better now that she's far away. But then, something happened and we got into this huge fight and I've never forgiven her ever since. She tried calling me a few times and asking me out but I'd avoid her.

Going further back, I also had a best girl friend while doing my A Levels in Shah Alam. Hmm, I don't really have many straight guy friends apparently...

Anyway, we were also best friends and she was also a bit annoying and there was a time when we had this huge falling out and we've not spoken ever since.

I don't or can't forgive them or get past the argument or whatever it was they've done. But I let guy friends walk all over me... maybe I should start treating them like they're annoying little girls...

Speaking of annoying little girls, I can't recall being friends with any girl for a long period of time. Now that I really think about it, I don't stay in touch with anyone from a previous engagement (work, college, school)... I move on and make new friends...

High school was a conscience decision on my part to sever ties. I don't want to remain in touch with any of them because we're from two different universes. I don't think they'd be understanding to my lifestyle here in KL.

Anyways, now that I realize this, I am gonna work harder to remain in touch with people from old offices etc... but only the cool ones... hehehe...

No comments: