Sunday, August 10, 2008

Doublemeat Palace

So many things are going on right now. Trouble at the work with a jealously weird colleague. Work load’s been piled on, again. Health is on the fritz. Love life sucks.

Lessee, love life first. I mentioned the last time I was seeing someone? Well, it’s over now. He chose to be with someone else. It does hurt a little bit, especially when I try to turn to my friends for comfort and it just got dismissed. Apparently, people have a say in how I should be feeling. If it is less than a month, then I am not allowed to feel pain. Sigh.

There is a silver lining though. Right now, he, as in the guy I was seeing, is having major problems with the new guy. Not matured enough. Too whiney. He told me he was depressed. This was the day after they became a couple. He even told me that there was no X factor, nothing special, nothing the guy was bringing to the table. His life did not change at all with the addition of the new guy. I am not being evil or being a woman scorned. He told me all this.

He also told me that he checked the guy’s phone messages. I told him off about it but he argued his case. If he did not have done so, he would not have caught the guy cheating on him. Or will cheat on him. It’s a whole convoluted thing that I won’t get into coz that’s their lives, not mine. I asked him why he picked that one over me and he said he had no idea why. He also said that he made the wrong choice. He had two guys in his life and he chose the wrong one. Which means he think I was the right one. Unfortunately, he already made his bed and now he has to sleep with it.

Yes, yes, I was secretly smiling. Of course secretly. I know tact. I won’t flaunt it in his face. This Friday will be the day. I’ll know whether the affair’s happening or not and whether they’ll stay together or not. What if they broke up you ask? I don’t know. I don’t see me ever going to him now. I was good to and/or for him and he totally dropped me for that.

Anyways, speaking being good, I’ve been single for more than one year now. I tried dating, jumping back into the fray. Unfortunately, all I got was people who just wanted fun and people who are taken. Have anyone seen Tyler Perry’s Why Did I Get Married? Starring Janet Jackson? Good movie. It was where I got the ’80-20 rule’.

You only get 80% of what you need from your partner. The other 20% is what causes you to cheat on your partner. Unfortunately, that 20% is more attractive than the 80% hence a lot of people break up but in the end realized that they made a mistake. Like the guy I was seeing…

My point is, no one stuck by me. I’m like a pit stop. Once they’ve broken or had a flat tire, they’d stop by and after I fixed them, they dashed off. Well, there is one who has stuck by me for over a year now. Yup, #1 Crush. Now, you all know how convoluted my ‘relationship’ with him is, right? No matter what happened between us, or what happened in our lives, he is still there for me and I for him. I guess I’m kinda lucky in that sense. I may be his 20% and he may have not left his 80% for me, but we’re still there for each other and I guess, when it comes right down to the wire, that’s all that matters.

2 comments:

savante said...

And here I thought Doublemeat was a new eatery! :)

Marion said...

Hello,

My name is Marion Bishop and I'm the webmaster of www.peloop.com

Would you be interested in writing an unbiased review of our product?

If you are, we can send you a free sample of the product which we would like you to review, and it is free of any shipping charges.

Feel free to contact me at pohsibnioram@gmail.com

Best regards,

Marion Bishop